Two-volume medical textbook - Aesthetic Nasal Reconstruction: Principles and Practice
Note: IF YOU WISH TO ORDER MULTIPLE BOOKS, please contact us to get a special code for combined shipping.
Aesthetic Nasal Reconstruction: Principles and Practice is the latest two-volume textbook from Frederick J. Menick, M.D., the world's leading authority on nasal reconstruction.
The most comprehensive nasal reconstruction book ever published, Aesthetic Nasal Reconstruction: Principles and Practice includes hundreds of cases — from simple to complex and small to large defects — plus 6,500+ step-by-step pre-, intra-, and post-op images.
In this two-volume set, Dr. Menick shares invaluable lessons from his 35-year clinical practice. Based on a principled approach to repair, you’ll learn how to:
- Know the Normal
- Analyze a defect and formulate a solid approach to reconstruction, based on fundamental principles
- Define the "true" tissue loss to determine what is missing and what is present, plus evaluate what tissues are available and appropriate to make what you want
- Set priorities and develop a plan
- Prepare the wound, patient, and surgeon for success
- Design operative templates to replace tissues accurately
- Replace missing cover, lining, and support
- Employ secondary healing
- Use forehead skin grafts for nasal resurfacing
- When and how to use local flaps
- Choose between nasolabial and forehead donors
- Use a 2- and 3-stage forehead flap (indications and techniques)
- Handle the forehead donor site – primary closure, expansion, surgical delay, harvesting a second or third or fourth flap
- Design and position cartilage support
- Correct initial errors and imperfections before pedicle division
- Avoid and treat complications, such as intraoperative problems, postoperative cover and lining necrosis, and infection
- Revise an imperfect result or re-do a failed reconstruction
- Use microvascular free flaps for nasal reconstruction
- Restore a normal appearance with minimal scarring
Title: Aesthetic Nasal Reconstruction: Principles and Practice
Author: Frederick J. Menick, M.D.
Pages: 1,592 total; two volumes
Publisher: Aesthetic Nasal Reconstruction Press (2017)